What Job Seekers Should Expect from a Staffing Company
Job opportunities are now easier to come by than ever. However, finding the right job can be more challenging than you would expect. Staffing companies exist to make that experience easier. The good ones offer streamlined processes that allow you to get started quickly with a company that meets your career goals.
If it is your first time working with a staffing company, you may have questions about how it works and what to expect. We can demystify the process for you.
Here’s what to expect from a good staffing company.
No Fees for Job Seekers
If you are looking for a job, a staffing company is a completely free way to get help on your side. Your recruiter will present you with job opportunities without ever charging you a fee.
A Fast Hiring Process
Working with a staffing company is one way to get to work quickly. Depending on the requirements of the job and the hiring process, you can often interview at a staffing company one day and start working the next day. Our clients typically need employees immediately.
The typical process looks like this:
- Complete an application.
- Pre-screening call with recruiter and schedule an interview.
- During your interview, you will speak with your recruiter about your past jobs, skills, career goals, availability, and more. In some cases, you may be asked to complete an online assessment.
- Complete the onboarding/new hire process when you’re provided company policies and job-site specific information like dress code and scheduling
- You start your new job
Sometimes, our clients will also want to interview you after we’ve presented you as a qualified candidate. This is typical for higher-skilled positions that involve more responsibility than normal or supervisory roles. When this is the case, we prepare your resume and present it to the client, scheduling an interview for you as quickly as possible.
More Options Than You Would Expect
Staffing agencies represent multiple companies and, as such, have many job opportunities available. You may apply for a specific job, but your recruiter might also talk to you about other opportunities that are better suited to your talents.
Our relationship with these companies allows us to uniquely present you as an asset to their team. We can advocate for you and help employers see the benefits you can offer them. This greatly increases your chance of getting the position over other candidates.
Professional Career Counselling
Staffing specialists conduct interviews every day and often take part in interviews with their clients. They can provide you with valuable tips and feedback about how to interview well so you get the job you really want.
Resume advice is another benefit we offer at no cost. We see hundreds of resumes every week, so we can provide guidance on what works and what doesn’t. We can help you present your best self so that your experience, potential, and abilities shine through.
What We Expect from You
In our efforts to help you find the best job for you, we ask for a few simple things:
- Honesty – Be honest with yourself and your recruiter about what you are looking for and what you can reasonably do. Provide a complete job history.
- Responsiveness – If your recruiter asks you to complete an assessment or provide specific documents or information, do so as quickly as possible. The faster you respond, the quicker you will move along in the hiring process.
- Communication – Communicate with your recruiter regularly. If you can’t call, a text or email, even outside of work hours, is a great way to keep in touch.
FastTrack Staffing focuses on temp-to-hire opportunities with growing companies in your area. We are dedicated to finding a great match between employer and job seeker. Let us help you find your career!