Job opportunities are easy to come by. However, finding the right job can be more challenging than you would expect. Staffing companies can make that experience easier. The good ones offer streamlined processes that allow you to get started fast in opportunities that offer growth.
If it is your first time working with a staffing company, you may have questions about how it works and what to expect. We can demystify the process for you.
Here’s what to expect from a good staffing company.
No Fees For Job Seekers
If you are looking for a job, a staffing company is a 100% free way to get help on your side. Your recruiter will present you with job opportunities without ever charging you a fee.
A Fast Hiring Process
Working with a staffing company is a sure way to get to work fast. Depending on the requirements of the job and the hiring process, you can often interview at a staffing company one day and start work the next day. Our clients typically need employees right away.
The typical process looks like this:
- You apply online.
- A recruiter may call you with pre-screening questions and to schedule an interview.
- During your interview, you will speak with your recruiter about your past jobs, skills, career goals, when you are available to work and more. In some cases, you may be asked to complete an assessment.
- You will provide information for a background check, take a drug test, and complete our online company onboarding.
- You start your new job.
Sometimes, our employers will also want to interview you prior to your start with them. This is typical for positions that involve more responsibility, higher skills or supervisory roles. When this is the case, we prepare your resume and present it to the client, scheduling an interview as quickly as possible.
More Options Than You Would Expect
Staffing agencies represent multiple companies and, as such, have many job opportunities available. You may apply for a specific job, but your recruiter might also talk to you about other opportunities that are better suited to your talents.
Our relationship with these companies allows us to uniquely present you as an asset to their team. We can advocate for you and help employers see the benefits you offer them. This greatly increases your chance of getting the position over other candidates.
Professional Career Counselling
Staffing specialists conduct interviews every day and often take part in interviews with their clients. They can provide you valuable tips and feedback about how to interview, so you get the job you really want.
Resume advice is another freebie we offer. Because we see hundreds of resumes every week, we can provide guidance on what works and what doesn’t and how to best present yourself, so your abilities shine through.
What We Expect From You
In our efforts to help you find the best job for you, we ask for a few simple things.
- Honesty – Be honest with yourself and your recruiter about what you are looking for and what you can reasonably do. Provide a complete job history.
- Responsiveness – If your recruiter asks you to complete an assessment or provide specific documents or information, do so as quickly as possible. The faster you respond, the quicker you will move along in the hiring process.
- Communication – Communicate with your recruiter regularly. If you can’t call, a text or email, even outside of work hours, is a great way to keep in touch.
FastTrack Staffing focuses on temp-to-hire opportunities with growing companies in your area. We are dedicated to finding a great match between employer and job seeker. Let us help you find your best job ever.