Uncertainty is prevalent as companies that were in complete or partial shutdown due to Covid-19 are now opening back up. Even essential businesses that have stayed open are concerned with what the future holds as things shift back into place. While there are numerous variables that are out of our control, having plans, policies, and strategies in place that address those variables increases your business’s chances for success and growth. Take the time to consider how your business will address these 5 aspects moving forward.
A Wellness Plan
- Your company’s wellness plan should include PPE like masks and gloves, handwashing and distancing reminders, and health checks. Especially in organizations with large groups of employees, a daily health check consisting of questions and a no-touch temperature check can significantly help maintain the wellness of your team.
A Sanitation Plan
- Sanitation of your facility during and after a pandemic goes beyond the normal tasks handled by janitorial staff and services. High touch points need to be continually sanitized throughout the day to provide a healthy environment for your staff. The addition of dedicated staff for this task is a simple solution. Putting a sanitation plan in place is proof positive of your commitment to keeping your team safe.
Updated Attendance Policy
- An updated attendance policy is crucial to success as you open back up or transition back to full capacity. While some flexibility is needed, this is not the time to abandon attendance policies, because unfortunately, there are those who will abuse loosened guidelines. As employees return to work, a reminder of attendance guidelines is timely, as well as clear communication of any changes that you have made. It is a great time to put strategies in place to improve employee attendance.
- Even with proactive steps to keep your team healthy and a plan for returning to productivity, you will likely experience attendance issues. Having a plan in place to effectively and quickly fill openings to meet demand will help to stabilize your business. Partnering with a staffing company can be that solution.
Business Continuity Plan
- The pandemic has taught business leaders the importance of flexibility and thinking outside the box. As things slowly return to the new normal, establishing a business continuity plan is a smart move. Be sure to include technology, people, location, supply chain, and other aspects that could be or have been affected. Instead of reacting to forces, we cannot control, a business continuity plan addresses what to do when the unpredictable happens again.
When you partner with your local FastTrack Staffing office, you get assistance in each of these areas. Delivering customized solutions tailored to your business and your market is what we do best.